Hello from sunny (and freakin’ hot) Punta Cana, Dominican Republic! The kids and hubster are dragging me back and forth between the beach, buffet, and pool, but I’m going to try and squeeze in my Unexpected Eden edits and a few blog posts while I’m here. You know…typical Rhenna-type observations.
Let me know if you’ve got anything you want me to look out for or report back in on. In the meantime, here’s some of the crazy stuff running around in my head:
- Someone needs to introduce Oklahoma/Texas AC capabilities to these folks. Seriously, I thought it couldn’t get hotter than Mexico in August. I was wrong. Needless to say, me and the swim up bar are close friends.
- If you are a man daring enough to wear a Speedo, shouldn’t you select a style where your junk fills up the front? Seriously, if we can see it wiggle, do not wear it.
- Much gratitude for whomever invented mirrored aviator sunglasses. (Yes, guys, we chickas use ’em to ogle your bods just as much as you ogle us.)
- I now vow to teach my girls always to a) check the back of their swimsuits and make sure their tags are in and b) select a bathing suit bottom size that–when wet–doesn’t look like they’ve dropped a load.
- Dominicans do damned good rum. Tip the bartenders well and you get even more good rum.
- The sand is like my face powder. Shit. You. Not.
- I’m still looking for a display like this guy poolside. I haven’t found one yet, but if I do, you know I’ll get it on video and post. Until then, enjoy the funny!
KamiJune 30, 2014 at 8:54 pm
Alan’s response to number two.. “Or at least wear a cup!”
RhennaJune 30, 2014 at 9:13 pm
My hairdresser–yes, I said my hairdresser–told me they come with little penis pockets. Alas, I’ve never had cause to research the validity of this claim. Perhaps he wasn’t using his? Or he needs a padded option?
CJ BurrightJuly 1, 2014 at 3:58 pm
Hey, if you’re wearing a Speedo, there’s really no point in feeling any shame, right? At least the guy has fun and other people can have fun at his expense. Ha! I totally wish I wish sitting at the pool with you, making observations and sipping drinks. Have a FABULOUS time!
Jackie KingJuly 2, 2014 at 10:54 am
Hey, I admire this guy. Perhaps he read, “Dance like nobody is looking,” and decided it was a good idea. He’s a pretty good dancer. (Of course, I have to add that I hope he’s not jazzed from too many drinks with umbrella and is going to hate himself in the morning.