Happy New Year, everyone! Have you settled back into your non-holiday schedule yet? Or are you still fighting it like me? As many holiday pies and cookies as I’ve had, it’ll probably be just before Thanksgiving, 2015 before I’m back to my pre-holiday weight. 🙂
Probably doesn’t help that I can’t pull my head out of a book or stop writing them long enough to exercise. I have a love/hate relationship with my TBR list. Love it because it keeps track of my next romance fix. Hate it because I also have OCD tendencies and feel a burning desire to get to the end of said list….like that’s ever gonna happen.
I know, I know. Totally an unrealistic expectation. But at least you got a good laugh out of it, right?
So, what does a good romance addict do with a TBR Topic? She jumps right the hell in the thick of it knowing damned good and well she’s gonna make her own list longer by the time it’s done. 🙂
If you’re coming to me from Katie O’Conner’s website then I’m sure you’re already off to a good start with new additions. Lemme see if I can offer up some books for consideration, too!
Rhenna’s Top Ten TBR List
10. Nalini Singh’s Rock Addiction (Rock Kiss Series) – I’ve been reading Nalini for a while now and was really excited to see she’d started up a new rock series. This ought to be a big switch from her Archangel and Psy/Changeling series–both of which I love.
9. Laurann Dohner’s Burning Up Flint (Cyborg Seduction Series) – I learned about this one from local writer pal, Lauren Smith. I’d read some of her New Species series, but Lauren told me I needed to skip over to this series pronto.
8. Kristen Ashley’s Lady Luck (Colorado Mountain Series) – There will always be a Kristen Ashley book in my top ten, though I don’t read ’em all back to back for fear I’ll overdose or stop showering altogether. It took me a long time to dive into the Colorado Mountain series and now I’m ticked I waited so long. This is #3 in the series and I’m anticipating a typical KA awesome hero!
7. Bella Jewel’s Melancholy (Jokers’ Wrath MC Series) – This is the second in the series, the first of which was great. Love me some MC romance!
6. Tessa Bailey’s Baiting the Maid of Honor (Wedding Dare Series) – I picked this one up via a recommendation from Romance Writers Weekly teammate, Jami Denise. If Jami likes it, odds are good I’ll like it.
5. Pepper Winter’s Debt Inheritance (Indebted Series) – Another Jami Denise recommendation, though she warned me up front it’s got a freaky-freaky vibe to it. (Which only made me add it to my list faster.)
4. Hilary Storm’s Don’t Close Your Eyes (Bryant Brothers Series) – I got this recommendation from a Facebook Event Party I helped with in late December. We were talking all things naughty romance and this one ended up near the top.
3. Jaci Burton’s Riding Wild (Wild Riders Series) – Jaci’s an erotic staple, but I’ve yet to dive into this particular series. No time for something new like the present, right?
2. J.B. Salisbury’s Fighting for Flight (Fighting Series) – This was a Sarah Hegger recommendation. Much like Jami, anything Sarah says goes in my book.
1. Currently reading Kresley Cole’s Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark Series) – Kind of like Kristen Ashely, I have to pace myself on Kresley Cole. Her Immortals After Dark books took a backseat after I read The Professional because HOLY FREAKIN’ COW, it’s awesome. (BTW, The Master, book two in the series, is due out February 24th, which means I’ll be unreachable until February 25th.)
Did you think that was it for my list? Oh hell, no. I’m too embarrassed to tell you how many are really on the list. However, there are a few I’ve got on what I call “The Trump List.” It’s made up of Advance Release copies from some of my close writer pals:
1. Sarah Hegger’s Nobody’s Angel – Due to be released March 31st! I’m so looking forward to this one! Everything I’ve read from Sarah has been rock solid and I know this one will be too.
2. Lauren Smith’s The Gilded Cuff – Lauren asked me, “Would you be up for a new ARC for an erotic romance I’m doing?” I was like, “Um. You had me at erotic.” Again, Lauren’s a tried and true author, so I’m pretty sure this one’s gonna rock.
So those are the books lined up to fix my shorter-term romance addiction. Based on the ones I’ve listed, do you have any to share/suggest? Seriously, load me up people. I’ve got a habit to feed.
Up next in the Romance Writers Weekly hop is oh so wonderful J.R. Richardson. Which reminds me…
There! Just one-clicked her Cursed Be The Wicked. Now I gotta go find a spot to wiggle her into ’cause I’ve heard GREAT things about that book. (Not to mention it’s got a yummy cover.)
Looking forward to reading your suggestions!