Hello from sunny (and freakin’ hot) Punta Cana, Dominican Republic! The kids and hubster are dragging me back and forth between the beach, buffet, and pool, but I’m going to try and squeeze in my Unexpected Eden edits and a few blog posts while I’m here. You know…typical Rhenna-type observations.
Let me know if you’ve got anything you want me to look out for or report back in on. In the meantime, here’s some of the crazy stuff running around in my head:
- Someone needs to introduce Oklahoma/Texas AC capabilities to these folks. Seriously, I thought it couldn’t get hotter than Mexico in August. I was wrong. Needless to say, me and the swim up bar are close friends.
- If you are a man daring enough to wear a Speedo, shouldn’t you select a style where your junk fills up the front? Seriously, if we can see it wiggle, do not wear it.
- Much gratitude for whomever invented mirrored aviator sunglasses. (Yes, guys, we chickas use ’em to ogle your bods just as much as you ogle us.)
- I now vow to teach my girls always to a) check the back of their swimsuits and make sure their tags are in and b) select a bathing suit bottom size that–when wet–doesn’t look like they’ve dropped a load.
- Dominicans do damned good rum. Tip the bartenders well and you get even more good rum.
- The sand is like my face powder. Shit. You. Not.
- I’m still looking for a display like this guy poolside. I haven’t found one yet, but if I do, you know I’ll get it on video and post. Until then, enjoy the funny!